A blog for all my hair related experiances from dreads, wigs extensions and more... including tutorials and showcases!

Wednesday 21 March 2012

What to expect and dread - making tip/hint video

It has often been said by; friends, family and past relationships that I spend too much time enveloped in my own little world i.e. my workshop. I don’t spend a lot of time outside of it save for taking care of my animals - particularly the horses – and of course to work/perform etc.
Admittedly as I’m studying sciences in Uni this does take a bit of time also (But then I did come out with 4 A’s at A-level in Biology, chemistry, physics and Mathematics for a reason... I do study hard).

What can I say? I enjoy making and doing various projects that are productive. Yes it causes problems in most relationships as it appears I’m always behind my sewing machine or various other bits of hardware I use for crafting. To be completely truthful … I truly don’t care and my current partner loves making stuff just as much as I so it’s a win – win.
For this reason alone we have three major outfit projects to complete (each) for various events this year and to say the least if we can pull them off it would be rather impressive.

The reason for this prelude is that I will have some rather random and extensive updates over the coming months in comparison to now. However for the time being, I have a small video which I made a while back and have only just got round to uploading.

But before I come to that I have to say that on the hair front I have been rather busy. I have completed three sets of dread falls/installs (photos are coming at a later update).
Two dread wigs, with another on the way
One mixed media wig
One pair of mixed media falls
Five fringes
And two normal wigs as well as a special hairpiece which I will give more info on in due course.

Now, on to the video!



I have been asked how best to get smoother dreads in the past so here are some tips to help. I’m not great at explaining things so if you have any questions feel free to email me and I will get back to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment